Sunday, January 14, 2007

An Unexplained Phenomenon

The usual hotmail message window popped up when I first logged onto msn this morning. Though it was a facebook-related message, rather than the normal friend update email which I used to get, it consisted of the following:

[Person 1] has tagged a photo of you in [Person 2's] album "[album name]"

To see the photo, follow the link below: [Link deleted for privacy reasons]

Thanks,
The Facebook Team

There were two noteworthy items before curiosity took over me by clicking on the link:

1. I do not know Person 1.

2. I have not seen Person 2 in a long time, though I have added this person onto my facebook friends list a few days ago. (How can I be in a picture with Person 2?)

The guy in the picture was obviously not me, therefore I quickly removed my personal tag without the slightest moment of hesitation.

How on earth did this happen? It's most likely that I have discovered a technical chink in the armour on facebook, or else it was a human error on Person 1 by accidentally checking my name instead of another person's. If not, then someone should put my story into the collection of unsolved mysteries on the Internet.

No comments: